December 28th, 2014 by NickyP
Kokua is now merged with Marine Kelley’s RLV viewer. Planned release is in January 2015. In the meantime those wanting an early look can download and install a test version from http://tinyurl.com/nxupwxo . Different RLV settings exist internal to this viewer than the current Kokua release so, we recommend a clean install. By default, RLV is disabled. Enable through Advanced -> RLV Enable / Disable main menu selection then, restart the viewer. Hopefully, there will be users / testers that will leave it disabled as both disabled and enabled modes need testing.
Reasoning for this change:
Marine Kelley keeps her RLV viewer very close to the SecondLife viewer code base. Thus, simplifying Kokua’s upstream merge effort.
December 5th, 2014 by NickyP
=== Disclaimer ===
This software is not provided or supported by Linden Lab, the makers of Second Life.
If you have problems with automatic updates not processing; below are alternate direct download links from our mirror site on Bitbucket.org.
Linux 32 Bit
Linux 64 Bit
December 5th, 2014 by NickyP
This is a bug fix release. For SecondLife users this will be a required update for all.
Ticket #292: Selection of the TELEPORT button from inside an SL search response resulted in failed teleport notices.
Ticket #322: If an automatic update failed, a notification presented and a link would be highlighted for manual
download of the update. This link referenced a location that was no longer maintained. The latest updates were not at this location. Both old and new locations now have current files. This release corrects the notification link to reference the new File downloads.
Changed the default for region coordinates to always be present in the location bar.
Merged up the current SL viewer. This was only a couple changesets to maintain sync with SL’s viewer release. The bulk of that release was already in Kokua.
Kokua-3.7.22 Release Notes
December 1st, 2014 by NickyP
***A clean install is recommended for this update.***
Kokua-3.7.21 is released. However, taking into account the cohort’s merged in early and if SL merges these in one at a time the version is about 3.7.24 and one-half. The half being the attachments cohort that went in early and then SL withdrew and reissued the cohort with additional changes. This last set if changes are not included in this release.
- Code base to Second Life (SL) Viewer 3.7.21 and includes cohort merges as indicated below.
- SL Release 3.7.12 Maintenance Cohort Release Notes
- SL Release 3.7.13 Group Ban Cohort Release Notes
- SL Release 3.7.14 Library Refresh Cohort Release Notes This necessiated a build of all the updated libraries for Linux 64 bit platform.
- SL Release 3.7.15 Snowstorm Summer Contributions Cohort Release Notes
- SL Release 3.7.16 Maintenance and Small Features Cohort Release Notes
- SL Release 3.7.17 New Login Screen Cohort — Merged and then backed out Release Notes
- SL Release 3.7.18 POODLE exploit (SSLv3) fix Release Notes
- SL Release 3.7.19 HTTP Pipelining Cohort Release Notes
- SL Release 3.7.20 Attachments Cohort (merged while still in cohort status) Release Notes
- SL Release 3.7.20 GPU Benchmarking Cohort Release Notes GPU Bench-marking provides a short bench mark routine at start-up for Graphics Card selection thus, doing away the GPU Table file previously used for initial Graphics Card selection. On my older HP desktop with AMD graphics the bench mark forced a change in card used and that appeared to provide better FPS once logged in. On my alienware laptop bench mark changed to a different card but selected a low graphics setting that I was able to move to a higher setting in preferences. This higher setting persisted after a re log.
- SL Release 3.7.21 Snowstorm Fall Contributions Cohort (still in cohort status) Release Notes
- SL Release 3.7.21 Maintenance Cohort (still in cohort status) Release Notes
- SL Release 3.7.21 Pipelining Enhancements Cohort (still in cohort status) Release Notes
Please refer to Release Notes for more detail of fixes and additions in this release.
The full listing of changes added are in this CHANGELOG.txt file.