I have begun using tweets. My tweets will reflect items that did not make it into the blog post or release notes. These tweets will be for an indeterminate time after release and will stop once into the development of a new version then, I will provide progress tweets during the development cycle.
Archive for February, 2014
This fix was applied during development for the next release and includes from Catznip / Kitty Barnett’s features RLVa and Edit items from Inventory features. These features have not been thoroughly tested in Kokua and users are encouraged to review Kokua’s Best Practices for Testing wiki before using.
- Code base to Second Life (SL) Viewer 3.6.13 (Packaging cohort), 3.7.0 (Fitted Mesh plus sundry fixes cohort) and 3.7.1 (1317Hotfix cohort).
- SL Release 3.6.13 notes
- SL Release 3.7.0 notes.
- SL Release 3.7.1 notes.
Kokua Team Contributions
- The default for the draw distance slider on the status bar is now off. New users were confusing it with the master volume slider. The draw distance slider can be set to be on with the debug variable “showdDSlider”.
- Added under Advanced and Commands is a Refresh scene selection. Operationally, it deselects Preferences->Graphics->Advanced->Basic shaders and once deselected the frame rate will increase dramatically due to decreased rendering load and quickly pull in the basics of a scene, next, an information message is printed to the log to give a little more time with out shaders, then, Basic shaders are returned to enabled which dresses the scene. This can be tested by manually following the steps above. This helps to mitigate the missing prims issue. I had some experience using this at a recent third party viewer developers meeting. When I arrived the other participant avatars were sitting in air and the hippo theater was missing. I used Refresh Scene and all missing primitives and parts thereof rezzed quickly.
- Windows version is now playing streaming music with the FMOD Ex library. This being used under the non commercial license from FMOD.
- Long overdue and ported from Firestorm is avatar name on the title bar. (Presently for windows only)
- Opensim variable sized regions and aurora sim regions are now supported. Kokua needs testers willing to document and submit issue reports concerning all aspects of its use in large regions.
- Macintosh viewer is now release. Moving to release was made possible by several mac users who tested and provided feedback.
- Several old issues concerning the user interface have been resolved. Thanks to the contributions from David Rowe.
- A complete record of changes is here.
Please follow this link to obtain downloads.