I was pleased to represent Kokua at the Open Simulator Community Conference’s panel discussion on viewers, also on the panel were representatives from Singularity and Firestorm. We were questioned about what was known as the 4096 jump bug. This bug “bugged” many in the OS community; the problem was to move more than 4096 grid locations you had to have jumping locations about the grid. The Monday after the conference Shaun (smxy) Emerald opened Firestorm jira FIRE-11593 . Tonya Souther submitted a patch and while that patch did not correct the problem it did trigger a round of testing on osgrid. Latif Khalifa developed a Singularity patch that fixed the issue. He also provided patches to Kokua and Firestorm. His patches are in this release. Opensim developers provided invaluable testing using Singularity and Kokua that provided the symptom verification, proposed fix, and a verified solution to this bug.
If you ever had a failed audio stream at a live performance I think you will find some nice features in this release. Jessica Wabbit has ported some audio stream features from Teapot viewer that allow stream urls to be copied by a right click on the stream announcement in chat and from About Land Sound tab. So if you wonder if you have a bad stream or if it is an in world issue just copy the url and paste into a system audio player such as VLC.
- Code base to Second Life (SL) Viewer 3.6.6 (materials) and 3.6.5 (cocoa).
Kokua Team Contributions
- Placed a selection for LSL wiki under Help and Build->Scripts menu items which should save steps for new script writers who often need to reference language specifications.
- Added a credit tabs for Firestorm and Kokua in the About->Kokua floater thereby formally recognizing Firestorm viewer contributions to Kokua.
- Implemented the display of decimal global coordinates in About->Kokua floaters. (from singularity / Llirusaito)
- Fixed the 4096 jump bug that had plagued opensim grids for several years. (fix provided by Latif Khalifa with significant testing on the part of opensim developers and kokua)
- Fine tuning of avatar’s age in name tag.
- Added a “Zoom In” option to the object context menu in nearby chat.
- Corrected property lines jumping out of place when minimap re-sized.
- Several enhancements to stream title display including giving the stream its own chat identity and expanding the stream metadata display to also show the stream name. If you ever had a failed stream this is a big helper, just right click on the steam’s chat id and select copy the stream and paste into your system’s music player.
- Added a “Visit This Stream’s Website” item to the Audio Stream context menu in nearby chat.
- Added “flip” check boxes to the texture tools panel to flip the diffuse/normal/specular map images horizontally or vertically instead of specifying a negative value.
- Corrected Object->Pay missing from the pie menu.
- Added a “copy to clipboard” button to the Sound tab on the About Land floater. If you ever had a failed stream this is a big helper, just copy the stream and
paste into your system’s music player.