Imprudence 1.4.0 beta 1 is now available!
This is the first non-Experimental release in the Imprudence 1.4 series. This version will certainly contain some bugs, but probably not anything severe. We consider it to be safe and suitable for everyday use. However, Mac users should be aware that streaming audio will not play on Mac in this version. We are working to fix that.
Compared to the latest Imprudence Experimental, Imprudence 1.4 has many bug fixes, better inventory caching, the Animation Overrider starts working faster, the object exporter can export textures from SL (with TPVP-compliant permission checks), the Preferences have been reorganized, and more. We strongly encourage all Imprudence Experimental users to upgrade to Imprudence 1.4.
Compared to Imprudence 1.3, Imprudence 1.4 adds a mind-blowing number of new features, UI improvements, and bug fixes. We recommend Imprudence 1.3 users also upgrade to Imprudence 1.4 soon, unless you require streaming audio support on Mac.
Here is a brief overview of some of the most notable new features, grouped by category:
- General: Support for WindLight notecards; Updated Chinese, French, German, and Japanese UIs; Derender object/avatar; Gestures can use more keys; Reload $ Balance; Animation Overrider starts working sooner.
- Communication: Spell Checking; AutoCorrect; Chat Translation; Chatbar Commands; Display Names support; Highlight chat from friends; Highlight chat mentioning your name or nickname(s); Search bar in Friends and Groups lists.
- Content Creation: Support for Alpha and Tattoo layers; new Prim Alignment tool; Local Textures (real-time preview of textures on your computer without uploading); Object texture export from SL (with TPVP-compliant permission checks); Upload support for Photoshop PSD image files (available on Mac only); Copy/Paste buttons in Build tools.
- Login, Grids, and OpenSim: Login name and password saved per-grid; Support for variable sized regions (i.e. bigger than 256m) when available; Support for the OpenRegionInfo capability.
- Map, Radar, and Teleport: Full Radar; Teleport History; Estate Managers’ minimap radar distance is no longer limited; Right clicking objects in Area Object Search to teleport to/cam to/edit them.
- Media, Browser, and Networking: Media system revamped with SLPlugin; Media Filters; Interaction and zoom with streaming media/webpages; Improved XMLPRC and SOCKS5 proxy support; Parcel media URLs are no longer hidden.
- Preferences: Reorganized Preferences window; New UI skins (Dark and Gemini); Sliders for draw distance, etc. allow typing in exact values; Search bar in Debug Settings.
- Texture Loading: Many, many texture loading improvements from Robin Cornelius, Thickbrick Sleaford, and others; Various improvements to help prevent unloaded (cloud) avatars.
- Development: Many, many, many code improvements and cleanup under the hood. Special thanks to Aleric Inglewood and others for their work on this.
You can find more information about these and the other changes in this version by reading the release notes. As of this writing, the release notes are still a work in progress, but we will try to finish them up before the final 1.4.0 release.
- Windows / Windows +SSE2 (What is SSE2?)
- Linux 32-bit / Linux 64-bit
- Intel Mac (Note: Streaming audio does not play yet on Mac. We’re working on it.)
- Source code