I think hands down, you’ll agree this is the best Experimental release we’ve made yet. I’m really thankful to everyone who’s participated in our Experimental process. You’ve provided us with a great amount of useful feedback, and our ability to get these viewers out to you sooner rather than later means 1.4.0 will have the highest mix of features and fixes out of any version of Imprudence to date! And a special thanks goes out to everyone who’s contributed great patches to bring us here
- Full sim radar. That’s right, not just the radar in the mini-map. Changes to the mini-map are forthcoming, but in the meantime you can access the new radar window from the Advanced menu > Full Radar
- Login and passwords now saved for each grid. No more having to re-enter your first/last/username and password when you login to a different grid! Usernames are also now stored in the grid manager (grids that want to support usernames can enable their entry by adding the boolean “username_compat” to their grid info).
- Inspect now shows last owner as well as script and object count (depending upon server performance, this can tricky).
- Imprudence now supports SOCKS 5 proxies.
- Set your Imprudence tag color. You can change your tag color in Preferences > Advanced. (Only affects what you see on your computer, not what other people see.)
- New preferences for color and behavior of particle clouds in Preferences > Advanced > Eye Candy.
- Debug Settings are now searchable.
- Fixed issues with camera and selection in the previous experimental. For those who’re curious, it was an attempt to make the selection process more consistent in the UI, but the change did more harm than good.
- Fixed search not remembering results when closed. A “save results” checkbox was added to this window. Checking it will keep the search window always open but hidden (note: this will consume more resources in the viewer).
- Fixed large sculpt rendering (let us know if you have any texture problems with this release especially! Changes were made there).
- Fixed account history/management menu items still showing up on non-Second Life grids.
- Fixed numerous crashes (including two fixes for known crashers, a teleport crash fix for InWorldz, and a fix for Aurora Sim).
- Fixed upload cost being reported as $-1 on some grids.
- Fixed URLs not being clickable in numerous windows across the UI, such as profiles and groups.
- Fixed Windows version identification.
- Fixed Vivox license appearing when you login to a non-Second Life grid and a potential fix for not being able to accept the license.
- Fixed quicktime not being used for m4v files on Windows.
Known Issues (introduced with this release):
- Right clicking the chatbar doesn’t bring up the translation submenu (workaround: use the chatbar in Local Chat).
- Menu borders and colors might be off depending upon the menu.
- Some preferences windows need to have their layouts adjusted.
As always, please post any issues you have on the issue tracker! We really do need you all to speak up there if you have an issue, particularly as we prepare for the beta.
Why the issue tracker?
One of our users recently posted about this over on the InWorldz forums.