It’s time for a new Imprudence Experimental release, and this one contains a good number of bugfixes (like the distorted world map) and a few interesting new features. We really hope you enjoy it! Of course, we would love your comments and feedbacks, and please report bugs using our issue tracker.
- Added media interaction similar to Viewer 2′s Media On A Prim (MOAP), but still using parcel media only (not per-prim media like true MOAP has). Go to Preferences > Audio & Video, and enable “Media helper widget”. Then if you click on a prim displaying a video or web page, you will zoom in and see some new media controls. Also, web pages are interactive while zoomed in that way; you can click on links, scroll around, etc.
- Several improvements to the Media Filter system (IMP-829, IMP-832). Many thanks to Thickbrick Sleaford for these.
- Added a “Media Filter” button in Preferences > Audio & Video to open the Media Filter window (same as using the Edit > Media Filter menu item).
- Added a checkbox in Edit > Media Filter (and Preferences > Audio & Video) to toggle the Media Filter system entirely.
- Added a checkbox in Edit > Media Filter to filter only streams initiated by a scripted object, as opposed to the user choosing to play the parcel URL. This is enabled by default, to reduce the number of annoying popups.
- Updated to Henri Beauchamp’s v4 patch, with some fixes by Thickbrick.
- Media Filter now better handles sim hosts that have no DNS name.
- Stream URLs can no longer be hidden in the About Land window (IMP-838). Linden Lab is doing likewise in the official SL viewer. The URL “protection” has always been trivial to circumvent for people who know about it, but can present a security risk for less advanced users.
- Added video/x-m4v to mime_types_*.xml; this should allow m4v videos to be played (IMP-810).
- Several improvements to the network proxy settings:
- Added separate configuration for an XMLRPC proxy (in Preferences > Network). XMLRPC is used for login, and land and money purchases. Before, XMLRPC calls used the Web Proxy; they can now be configured separately.
- Web Proxy is now used for the login screen and parcel media. Before, it was only used for the built-in browser.
- Added a “Clear Cookies” button in Preferences > Web.
- New “single name box” login for Second Life. You can type in your full avatar name in a single box instead of two. That should allow users that have new style usernames to login without having to type “Resident” in the old style Last Name box. Other grids still use separate First and Last name boxes.
- Improved tab key navigation order on the login screen.
- Moved ‘Reset all preferences to default’ button to a more logical place: in the main preferences window
- Updated gpu_table.txt (borrowed from Phoenix). This should fix issues with some new graphics card models not being recognized.
- UI skinning: Comboboxes can now use the font=”…” attribute.
- UI skinning: Added a new default font size FontSansSerifBigger and renamed “FontSansSerifBig” to “FontSansSerifLarge”.
- Cleaned up the unloaded avatar cloud particle system LLSD de/serialization.
- Fixed the world map being distorted on non-Aurora grids (IMP-811).
- Fixed Window Creation Error after changing antialiasing settings on Linux (IMP-824)
- Fixed the viewer reporting crashes to the wrong grid if you crashed after switching grids.
- Fixed the viewer trying to fetch grid list from an empty URL when the GridUpdateList debug setting was empty.
- Fixed the “top pick” icon containing the SL logo (IMP-786). This was a minor TPVP violation.
That’s all for this week folks! Looking forward on your comments and bug reports and we hope you will enjoy this release.
Codie for the Imprudence Team