We are now getting back on our regular release schedule, so we are very pleased to bring you this new Imprudence Experimental build. It contains a few new features and several important bug fixes. The biggest feature is probably Media Filters, that we thought was important to add quickly. Imprudence is very committed to our user’s privacy, and since it was a very popular request, we decided to import those patches. This build also contains lots of fixes for voice and media, mostly.
We are working hard on squishing the remaining little bugs especially with the new media system (which is working quite amazingly well despite the little glitches), so as usual, we look forward to see your bug reports in our bug tracker.
- Intel Mac (Note: music streams are known not to work yet on Mac.)
- Linux 32-bit
- Linux 64-bit (*)
(*) The Linux64 build environment changed with the new version of Debian. so far Imprudence 64bit was built on Debian Lenny (now “oldstable”), and with Debian Squeeze now being stable, we moved to Ubuntu long term support (Lucid Lynx). You will now need libc 2.11.1(or newer) and pulseaudio 0.9.21 (or newer).
- Henri Beauchamps version of Sione Lomus media filter patch: “MediaFilter_v3: based on code by Sione Lomu with a couple of bugfixes by Tonya Souther, this improved patch brings media and streaming audio URLs filtering (to prevent IP ripping by so-called security systems which violate the SL TOS by catching your IP and associating your various avatars with it, thus violating your anonimity). Beside empowering your viewer with allow/deny/blacklist/whitelist functions per domain, this improved patch makes the difference between external servers (domains names filtering) and in-world servers (scripted objects with built-in HTTP servers). I also fixed various bugs, security holes and shortcomings, refactored the code and improved it, and added a whitelist/blacklist erasing function.” – from http://sldev.free.fr
- Aurora Sim: Variable region size (allows sim sizes different than 256 x 256)
- Added “MediaFilter” debug to be able to inspect the full URL and media texture UUID
- Added “Copy text” button to Help > About Imprudence and tabbed the info. Ported from Singularity, patch by Siana Gearz.
- Fixed: voice doesn’t always kick in
- Fixed: voice always on, even if told not to be
- Added log info for when GStreamer fails to load because the plugin wasn’t compiled correctly
- Use a buffer for debug console output (improves speed on Windows when console is enabled). Ported from Singularity, patch by Shyotl
- Don’t use the build window keyboard shortcuts when the UI has focus (except for the chatbar)
- Fixed missing use_prebuilt_binary(gstreamer-plugins) from GStreamer010Plugin.cmake and fixed some out-of-date lib requirements for Windows
- Fixed Bug #799 german language version of floater_pay_object.xml broken
- Fixed currency in the german language status bar button missing
- Only use VBO if available
- Added a null check for corrupt volume lists
- Fixed: setting the viewer offset time from OpenRegionSettings, and also have it show what UTC offset it is representing in the time bar.
- Fixed bad line endings (CRLF) in many files.
- Package both libz.so.1 and libz.so (symlink) on Linux32. (IMP-790)
Again, thank you all for your support and patience, and looking forward to work on the next release!
Codie for the Imprudence team