Imprudence Experimental 2010.11.13 is finally here and it’s one majorly big release. This week’s Experimental contains a complete overhaul of the media system, plus many other fixes and goodies (over 225 commits!). Put your emphasis on Experimental.
Note that audio streams are unfortunately broken on Windows and Mac in this version. If you need streaming audio, you can either use Imprudence Stable, the previous Experimental, or an external program like VLC to listen to them. We are working hard on finalizing the media system and fixing this issue, but we are confident that the new media system works far better than the previous version. If you want to help us, please test media as much as you can. We are eagerly awaiting your feedback!
IMPORTANT: This new version has a different location path for it’s config file on Windows, which is now named settings_imprudence_experimental.xml. So you may need to redo your settings, or copy/rename your existing settings file to the proper name.
- Webkit browser, which supports Flash (note: you may have to install Flash from here using a browser other than Chrome to get it to work. You cannot install Flash from the internal browser).
- New plugin-based media system. More media types are supported on Windows, and streaming no longer crashes the viewer. Quicktime is now required on Windows. GStreamer (installed on your system) is now required on Linux.
- Aurora Sim support. Aurora-specific options will be set when logging into an Aurora sim via OpenRegionSettings. You will also have an additional panel in the Estate Tools on Aurora simulators.
- Added Message Log and Message Builder from the Inertia Viewer to the Advanced > Consoles menu.
- Updated Japanese, French, and German UI translations.
- Teleport offers now show the location’s maturity on Second Life.
- Added highlighting/tooltips for new llSensor keywords in the script editor: AGENT_BY_USERNAME and AGENT_BY_LEGACY_NAME
- Added three new standard HD resolutions to Preferences > Graphics, for machinimists: 1280×720 (HDV720), 1440×1080 (HDV1080) and 1920×1080 (HD1080).
- Align now has a keyboard shortcut: CTRL-A to Align, CTRL-SHIFT-A to Pack.
- Area Object Search now has a right-click context menu.
- Draw distance can now be set up to 1024m and manually entered.
- Particle count and avatar imposter count can now be manually entered.
- New debug setting: DisableInternalFlyUpAnimation, to disable flying up animation.
- Linux now uses system GStreamer and plugins. Users will need to install those themselves.
- New background when loading the login screen.
- Added new preference panel: Chat Colors, which combines chat highlighting and chat color options.
- Renamed several Preferences panels: Text Chat > Chat, Voice Chat > Voice, Communications > IMs & Logging. Their order has been changed as well.
- Renamed “Help” in preferences to “Support”.
- Removed support for the 640×480 resolution.
- Reverted max screenshot resolution to 6016×6016. Please be warned that the viewer can crash with big sizes, especially with High Resolution Snapshots enabled.
- Updated several Linux libs.
- Fixed mini-map not rendering correctly.
- GCC 4.4 compatibility fixes.
- Fixed several issues with the cache.
- Fixed skin selection thumbnails not appearing when using the default skin.
- Fixed failed bake uploads not retrying.
- Fixed inability to edit trees like normal prims.
- Fixed Windows installer creating shortcuts that still point to 1.3 (settings_imprudence.xml) instead of settings_imprudence_experimental.xml.
- Fixed gap at the top of the login menu bar.
- Fixed “Advanced” preferences panel not appearing last.
- Fixed drag select not working on Linden plants.
- Fixed tools tabs overlapping the Ruler because of the new Align option.
- Fixed Align tool not hiding when switching tabs in the Tools window.
- Fixed Align being enabled on prims you don’t have move/modify rights to.
- Fixed several bugs with Mac image uploads.
- Fixed issue where sometimes the drag tool failed to work.
- Fixed installed default grid list using old URLs for OSGrid.
- Fixed numerous compiling issues.
- Partial fix for #614: sporadic 5ms sleep.
- Streaming audio does not work yet on Windows or Mac.
- User needs to redo their settings, or copy/rename their current settings file to settings_imprudence_experimental.xml on Windows.
- On Linux 64 the web browser and Pulseaudio don’t play well together yet.
- Most of the known issues with 1.3.0.