For those who might be new to Imprudence, each week we release a weekly version that contains the latest features and bug fixes. These are test releases designed to ferret out bugs and provide us with early feedback, and are one of the main reasons why 1.3 RC1 is in the fine shape that it is. This week’s weekly is based on 1.3 RC1, and contains the following changes:
- Added menu option for toggling IM auto-responses: World > Auto-Respond to IMs.
- Added “Gestures” slider to the audio controls. Gestures can now be muted or turned down (note: this only affects gestures triggered by other people).
- Fix for llkdu.dll not loading on some Windows systems (many thanks to Shige on the forums for tracking this one down).
- Numerous fixes for downloading textures via HTTP (including File > Export not exporting textures when HTTP textures enabled).
- Fixed Advanced preferences layout being off in 1.3 RC1.
- Fixed Enable shadows checkbox not updating correctly.
- Fixed crash when encountering textures with bogus properties.
- Fixed certain sounds still not being played on mature regions.
- Removed “About” button in Preferences. Use “Help > About Imprudence” instead.
- Unknown clients are no longer listed as “Failure”.
Please post any feedback, bugs, or other issues in this week’s official forum thread! Thanks!
Also remember: 1.3 is now a release candidate. Changes you see in the weeklies may or may not be in the final version of 1.3. Don’t fret. They’ll turn up in a future version of Imprudence instead.