Imprudence 1.3.0 RC1 is now available. Hooray! This is the first release candidate for Imprudence 1.3 — meaning we’re getting really close to a final release. (And none too soon, if you ask me!)
Here are a few of the highlights of this version; as always, check out the release notes for the full details and helpful tips!
- Fixed many frequent crashes and memory leaks. You should notice significantly improved viewer stability in this version. Many thanks to our Weeklies testers and everyone else who helped us find and fix these issues!
- Area Object Search: You can now search for objects in the nearby area by name, description, creator, and/or group name.
- The actions on the Minimap Radar “Estate” tab now work for parcel owners too.
- Fixed a long-standing typo that made the object cache useless (SNOW-783). Second Life scenes will now rez much more quickly when visiting them again. (OpenSim does not currently support object caches.)
- Other new features: copy worn attachments, MU*-style poses, OOC auto-close, Shift-Enter to whisper, revamped LightShare support, and more. Check the release notes for details!
As always, we ask that you post your feedback in the forums. We rely on your reports and feedback to make Imprudence better!
- Windows / Windows SSE2 optimized. (Check our SSE2 optimization guide if you’re not sure which version to use.)
- Linux 32-bit / Linux 64-bit
- Intel Mac
If you’re new to Imprudence and curious what makes us different, our features list is a good place to start reading.
P.S. Check out this awesome user video showing off Imprudence’s LightShare support! LightShare is an OpenSim 0.7 feature that allows the region to transmit Windlight sky and water settings to the viewer. This has a variety of potential uses, including controlling Windlight settings via a scripted object, as the video shows.
Alas, LightShare is still new in OpenSim, so most regions/grids don’t support it. If you want to see it in action, you should run a OpenSim 0.7 standalone, or check out the LightShare region on the Meta7 grid!