We’re hard at work getting 1.3.0 RC1 together, so there will be no weekly this week (2010-07-31). Keep your eyes on this blog for updates, though! We’ll be sure to post as soon as Rc1 is ready
Archive for July, 2010
Well, it had to happen sooner or later. This week’s release is pretty minor, as not much has changed from the 07-17 weekly. Here’s what’s new:
- Added Advanced > Area Object Search for finding objects on a sim.
- Added MU* pose style (“:” as an alternative to “/me”) and OOC “((” auto close chat.
- Potential fix that should improve avatar textures not loading.
- Potential fix for being unable to relog after crashing on logout.
- Fixed Events search layout being off.
- Updated libndofdev Linux64 libs.
- Moved “Limit Select Distance” from the Advanced menu to Advanced Build Options window.
- Regrouped several options in the Advanced menu.
Please post any feedback or issues you have in the official forum thread! Thanks!
My apologizes for the delay in getting this week’s weekly up. Jacek got trapped on an island then mysteriously transported back to the 1970s, Armin invented a perpetual chocolate machine and was found three days later covered in a hard candy shell stamped with the Mars logo, and myself? Well, let’s just say Jayna’s not allowed anywhere near the Hall of Justice after the mess she made last night. Anyway, here’s what’s new this week:
- Notecards now have a File menu for importing/exporting text. (Note: currently, only text can be exported, not embedded items yet.)
- Fixed LMs crashing after logout.
- Fixed Advanced Build Options setting the default object size to 0.
- Fixed View > Web Browser not opening.
- Fixed web browser missing “Home” button.
- Fixed leading 0 missing from log timestamps.
- Fix for lag caused by audio engine stuttering.
- Fixed default script export not using the file name.
- Fixed missing notification when enabling Show Look At.
- Fixed missing ignore button on IM and calling card notifications.
- Fix that should improve avatar baking times.
- The grid manager can now be accessed from Preferences > General.
- Inworld sounds are now played regardless of a sim’s maturity setting.
- Channel setting temporarily removed from Local Chat.
Please post any feedback for this week’s weekly in the official forum thread. Thanks!
This week’s weekly is very much in the spirit of a test release, as many of these changes Work For Us, but might not work for others (hopefully they do. Let us know!).
Likewise, as 1.3 gets closer to moving out of beta, you’ll start to notice some differences in our commits: more bug fixes, more changes, and fewer new features put into the viewer.
Here’s what was ready in time for this week’s weekly:
- Fixed UI tooltips not disappearing when they should.
- Fixed the “Ban…” and “Eject…” buttons in the radar not working for parcel owners.
- Fixed mac users automatically entering joystick mode on startup when using the apple mouse.
- Reverted a teleport fix from the 2010-07-03 weekly because it caused some objects not to render.
- Updated the Grid Manager layout and made the buttons work in a more sensible way.
As always, please post any feedback you have for this release in the official forum thread. Thanks!
Did you know tomorrow is America’s birthday? She’ll be 234 this year. What do you get a woman for her 234th birthday? Flowers? Assorted chocolates? A gift certificate to iTunes? Hard to pick. We settled on a new weekly release instead
- Debug settings can now be changed from the login screen.
- Fixed crash when adding skins to Imprudence with improperly formatted colors_base.xml files.
- Fixed AO not enabling when standing up from objects.
- Fixed “Cannot analyze alpha for image” log spam when playing videos.
- Fixed joystick not being enabled if plugged in at startup.
- Script error window now shows timestamps.
- Attachments can now be copied while worn (remember: attachment states aren’t saved until they’re detached).
- Flycam mode is now left when entering mouselook or resetting the camera.
As always, please post any and all feedback in the appropriate forum thread! Thanks!