Beta 5. Say it with me, say it proud. Beta 5, woo! I’m excited
1.3′s come a long way, and now we’re one step closer to finalizing this version. If you’re using beta 4–particularly on an OpenSim-based grid–it’s highly recommended you upgrade to beta 5, as there are many important stability and usability fixes in this release. We’ve made a major effort to improve the OpenSim experience since beta 4.
There are a lot of changes in this release, but here are the key ones you need to know about:
- Alpha and Tattoo Layers support.
- LightShare (server-side WindLight) support on OpenSim.
- OpenSim functions in the script editor.
- A new planar texture alignment tool.
- Tiny prim (0.001m)/unlimited megaprim support.
- AO (Animation Overrider) loading fixes and a new toolbar tab.
- Numerous crash fixes.
- Many fixes for OpenSim-related bugs.
- All the new features from the weekly releases, plus a few more!
For a full list of all the new features, changes, and known issues, read the Release Notes.
(Note: these won’t affect your weekly install.)
- Windows (SSE2 optimized). Check our SSE2 optimization guide if you’re not sure what version you want.
- Linux 32-bit / Linux 64-bit
- Intel Mac
If you’re new to Imprudence and curious what makes us different, here is a good place to start reading.
Running this version for the first time will cause you to clear your cache. This is normal. If you get a “missing body part” error on logging in to OpenSim, this is an OpenSim bug. The workaround is to rewear your avatar’s body parts then relog.
As always, post any comments/feedback you have about this beta release in the official forum thread! Thanks!