Can you feel it? The next beta release getting closer? Oh yes, it is indeed
This week’s weekly contains some important improvements to the radar, along with several fixes identified in last week’s weekly (thanks for all the crash logs, those who sent ‘em! They helped ) Please remember that if you don’t see your issue touched on below, chances are it probably hasn’t changed from last week (bugs in the media system, for example). We’ll get there, but there’s only so much that can be done from week to week. Believe me, we’re working on it
- Added Advanced > Private Look/Point At option to disable sending Show Look At info.
- Avatar name is shown in window title when Allow Multiple Instances is enabled.
- Allow Multiple Instances applies when toggled, rather than requiring a relog.
- New Button: “Titles..” in groups window to select your group title.
- Moved several preferences around. Mute Wind is now in Audio & Video, Use Legacy Pie Menus is now in Advanced.
- Added shortcut for creating landmarks: CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-D.
- New Button: “Invisible” in texture picker.
- Clothing Layer Protection is now always enabled.
- Debug Setting: UseKDUIfAvailable to select using llkdu when starting up.
- Double-clicking names in the radar’s Estate tab now automatically cams to them.
- Fixed some bad animation issues.
- Fixed crash using the logout feature.
- Fixed crash in Show Look At.
- Fixed group notice history showing wrong icons for attached inventory.
- Fixed radar spamming chat with location updates.
- Fixed radar not showing people in the list who are in the mini-map.
- Fixed radar showing people as continuously typing.
- Fixed radar showing up in mouselook when minimized.
- Fixed advanced build window Apply/Cancel buttons being switched.
- Began updating UI labels to be more consistent.
- HTTP textures improved for sculpties using openjpeg (but still not working correctly).
- Fixed wearable alpha layers not being seen on other viewers.
- Fixed “Quit” confirmation crashing the viewer after logout.
- Fixed memory leak/crash introduced in last week’s weekly.
- Same as last week‘s for the most part.
If you’re on OpenSim, it’s recommended you use the weeklies for now until beta 5 is released, as they contain important stability and bug fixes not found in beta 4. You can install the weekly along with 1.3 beta 4 or 1.2.2 side-by-side.
As always, please post any issues/feedback you have with these test builds in the forums! Thanks!