The Imprudence 1.3 merge test build is now available for testing.
Please be aware that this is not 1.3 final. It’s not even a preview or a beta: it is a test build. It does not have most of the new features we will be adding for Imprudence 1.3, and it may be buggy. If you download it, consider it your duty to tell us how well it works for you!
The purpose of the test build is simply to confirm that Imprudence still works as expected after merging the Second Life 1.23 source. It should have all the features of Imprudence 1.2, plus the changes from Second Life 1.23. If anything from Imprudence 1.2 or Second Life 1.23 is missing or broken, please tell us about it. (However, experimental shadow support is “use at your own risk”. If it doesn’t work for you, or makes the viewer crash, or messes up your snapshots, or eats your cat, don’t bother reporting that. Well, maybe report the cat thing.)
The test build also includes a few extra improvements that we have made already:
- “Use legacy pie menus” option in Preferences > General (about 1/3 of the way down the window). This option changes the pie menus to resemble the pie menus of Second Life 1.22 and earlier. No viewer restart is necessary, just turn it on.
- There are a few improvements to the Profile window. You can now drag-and-drop items anywhere on the profile window to send it to that person (in 1.2, you could only drag to the box in the bottom right corner). There is also a new “Copy Key” button to copy that person’s UUID to your clipboard, so you can paste it into scripts and such.
- The script editor has a new menu item, “Help > Launch Autoscript…”, which will load the awesome Autoscript web tool in the web browser.
Remember: If you try it out, tell us how well it works for you! If you don’t give us feedback, we’ll have to spank you. And not in the fun way, either.
- Linux (32 bit) (md5sum: 6fa04ef13d88e393737e20e9a431f3a8)
- Linux (64 bit) (md5sum: 6a68d71ccaca940d7c64ce1d71edfabd)
- Mac (Intel only) [Updated January 4, 6PM SLT.] (md5sum: 260bbd868ae517563264993300ece2c4)
- Windows (md5sum: 9b7bf948b7b572252020569ec35c23ad)
P.S. Did I mention that you should tell us how well it works for you?